CMS Software Ltd is one of the key resellers in the UK for Rapid Redact – Document Redaction Software. Rapid Redact is a valuable tool for quickly blanking out (redacting) sensitive information from your documents, and keeping your confidential information private. In addition to being far more efficient than manual redaction, you are able to audit and track which changes have been made to redacted documents and you can automatically stamp the documents with the relevant UK FOI, DPA, and EIR exemption codes.
What makes Rapid Redact unique?
- Can be used with ANY scanned document or image, not just with Word, Excel or PDF documents.
- The user can perform redactions from within applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, Lotus notes etc.
- Can be web enabled using encrypted web transmissions, nothing is left on the reviewer’s machine.
- Can be used either as a stand-alone or server based redaction tool.
- Can be integrated with most compliant document management systems via ODMA.
Benefits Redaction Software to your Business/Organisation
- Rapid Redact gives the user 100% confidence that all sensitive information & metadata is irreversibly removed from the output document
- Rapid Redact streamlines the redaction process resulting in greater efficiency, increased workflow and reduced human errors
- Rapid Redact is an extremely cost effective tool which usually pays for itself, in time savings, within a few months.
- Rapid Redact is available in three different packages, each one designed specifically to meet the redaction requirements that your organisation may have; Desktop, Developer’s Tool Kit & High-Volume Server, suitable for all sizes of organisations.
Below is an example of the types of organisations who are currently using Rapid Redact:-
- London Borough of Hackney
- Sport England
- Corby Borough Council
- South Lanarkshire Council
Rapid Redact Desktop
Rapid Redact Desktop is a fast simple redaction tool for irreversibly blanking out (redacting) selected information and meta data from all electronic document types. Since the redacted content is no longer in the document, snooping or hacking into the file cannot reveal it.
Rapid Redact integrates with your own desktop application software and offers a simple user interface through which a user can begin redacting files.
This version of the Rapid Redact redaction tool is ideal for users who need to select documents, text, pages or sections, and then automatically search and redact words phrases fields and pages.
Integrated document sources with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Outlook Express, PowerPoint, Acrobat, Acrobat Reader etc.
- Output to choice of directory or email – Redacted copies – Audit (review) copies
- Exemption Codes
- Redaction Templates
- Text search in images and documents
- Page Numbering
- Automatically mark text – ready for removal
- Bracketed text search & removal in legal documents
- Integration with ODMA compliant document management systems (ocumentum, Interwoven, Hummingbird, Stellent and Lotus Notes)
Windows 7, 8, 8.1,10 and Office 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016 compatibility
Rapid Redact Desktop is fully compatible with Windows 7 based operating systems and Office 2010.
Historical Reporting extends Rapid Redact’s reporting capabilities. In previous versions of Rapid Redact Desktop Reports were only able to be generated at document output. With the introduction of ‘Historical Reporting’, organisations can create reports whenever they are needed for documents redacted in the past.
Deskew and Despeckle
The Deskew and Despeckle tools are used for correcting inconsistencies in scanned documents. With the introduction of these tools, users can quickly and easily re-position skewed pages and remove unwanted marks that often appear on scanned documents.
Redaction templates from file
TIF and PDF files can be selected from the user’s computer’s file system and used as redaction templates.
For further information on the Rapid Redact products, contact CMS Software direct. You’ll find our contact details here.